Sew your own dolls with these patterns painted by artists!
DIY Darlings are precious dolls that are as wonderful to look at as they are to make.
This Do It Yourself doll project is fun to sew and you will fall in love with your DIY Darling as the doll comes to life before your eyes!
These items are fabric sheets with printed patterns only, NOT finished dolls.
HOW DO I MAKE MY DOLL?
DIY Darlings are beautifully painted doll designs that are printed on soft, fluffy, suede cloth fabric, ready for you to cut and sew yourself! Even if you’ve never sewn a doll before, these dolls are super easy. If you can sew a hem, you can make a DIY Darling! DIY Darlings can be hand stitched, but a sewing machine is recommended for best results.
WHO ARE THEY FOR?
Do you love doing arts and crafts? Are you looking for a new, fun project to share with your kids? Give it a try! I know you will be thrilled with and proud of your gorgeous, finished doll! Add a touch of whimsy to your home or make a loved one smile with a gift you made yourself. DIY Darlings can be made so they are suitable for infants (no small parts), but can be loved at any age. DIY Darlings are tough and can be washed if they get dirty on their adventures.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Please note that this is a DIY pattern and NOT a finished doll
- Printed fabric doll pattern (100% polyester fabric)
- Detailed instructions with many photos.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Fill material- We recommend Polyfill (like the type made from plastic bottles, go recycling!). Polyfill has a great springiness and is foolproof and easy to stuff with. Corn Fibre is also lovely and smells like candy, but is recommended for more advanced crafters.
- Sewing Machine and equipment- All the standards, matching thread colours, needles, pins, etc.
- A turning/stuffing tool- Some of the DIY Darlings have very narrow limbs. An old bristle brush makes the perfect tool for turning the fabric and pushing the stuffing in.
Each doll design is digitally printed onto fabric using a durable dye sublimation process where the inks bond into the fabric itself. When completed, DIY Darling dolls range in size between 10-13 inches or 26-30cm tall, or about 4 inches, 12 cm for the Minis sets. Some dolls have included wings printed onto felt.